Collection Statement and Privacy Notice
Last updated on 15 March 2016
The purpose of this Collection Statement and Privacy Notice (“Collection Statement”) is to inform all members why Venntro Media Group collects your personal information, how we use and disclose that information, the main consequences of not providing us the information, and how you may access your information. The Collection Statement will also be used to notify you of all relevant matters under the Australian Privacy Principles (the “APPs”).
Purpose of collecting your information: we collect your personal information for the primary purpose of running our networking and dating services (the “Service”). We also record, monitor and analyse the personal information of members in order to understand the nature and direction of our business operations.
The list of potential primary purposes for which we collect and deal with your privacy information includes:
- process your communications, your membership of and subscription to the Website and to enable your use of the Website and the Services;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable Service;
- help prevent fraudulent activity, including on your account (for example, if we or our payment processor collect your card details we will check these details with credit agencies and reserve the right to refuse to make available the Website and/or our Services if, for example, the card details provided are reported to be fraudulent or credit agencies report the activities as being fraudulent);
- open and run your account;
- administer prize draws, competitions or promotions;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (except where you have requested not to be contacted for such purposes);
- monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the Service to you; and
- share information with other members and entities;
- disclosure of information for the purpose of contracting a third party service provider in an area related to our Services, such as data analysis, cleansing, processing credit card information, mail outs, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising; and
- entering into information sharing arrangements with our agents, business partners, joint venture entities or partners, which may include collecting information about you from a third party.
Some of these purposes fall under direct marketing under the APPs.
Any direct marketing communication you receive from us we will include a simple opt-out procedure whereby you can easily unsubscribe from the marketing.
Disclosures of personal information
Disclosures to third parties
As stated above, one purpose for which we collect personal information is to allow Venntro Media Group to share information with other people and entities for the purpose of running our business and providing you with an optimum Service. Where you are of the opinion that our disclosure is for a purpose not related to the primary purpose, you are entitled to request us to not use or disclose your information for that purpose. In this circumstance, we will consider the merits of your reasons and respond within a reasonable time.
Cross border disclosures
The consequences of not providing us with personal information: if you choose to not provide us with personal information our ability to perform some essential business functions, such as optimising the Services to which you subscribe, may be compromised.
Access your privacy information: you are entitled, upon request, to access your privacy information held by us at any time, unless there is an exception which applies under the Privacy Act. Your integrity of information is important to us and we will endeavour to ensure that your privacy information is up-to-date and accurate.
Our contact details:
Venntro Media Group Ltd.
1-7 The Grove
Ph: +44 (0) 1753 271 280